First seen by white men in 1833 when Cass Hite visited the region in 1908. Proclaimed a National Monument by T. Roosevelt.
Elevation: 6207ft, 1892m.
Literature Referring To This Location:
Huntoon, Jacqueline E. Huntoon, John D. Stanesco, Russell F. Dubiel, and Jim Dougan. 2003. Geology of Natural Bridges National Monument, Utah. pp. 233-249 in Sprinkel, Douglas A., Thomas C. Chidsey, Jr., and Paul B. Andersen, eds., 2003. Geology of Utah's Parks and Monuments, 2nd Edition. Utah Geological Association Publication 28. Salt Lake City, Utah: Utah Geological Association and Bryce Canyon Natural History Association, 2003.
Species collected at or near this location:
Frasera speciosa Griseb. Elkweed
Interesting collections made at or near this location:
- Frasera speciosa Griseb.
- James F. Fowler, with C. L. May 1134 5/28/1993
- James F. Fowler, with C. L. May 1135 5/28/1993
- James F. Fowler 1136 5/28/1993
- James F. Fowler 1138 5/28/1993
- James F. Fowler 1149 5/28/1993
- James F. Fowler, with C. L. May 1150 5/28/1993
- James F. Fowler, with C. L. May 1151 5/28/1993
- James F. Fowler 1168 5/29/1993
- James F. Fowler 1182 5/29/1993
- James F. Fowler, with C. L. May 1194 5/29/1993
- James F. Fowler and C. L. May 1205 5/29/1993
- James F. Fowler 1211 5/30/1993
- James F. Fowler 1250 5/31/1993
- R. J. Taylor, with Connie Taylor 29574 8/4/1980
|Total number of taxa:|| 1
(serif, italic, bold)
(default font, italic)
Indentified as Weed
If you have a question or a comment you may write to me at:
I sometimes post interesting questions in my FAQ, but I never disclose your full name or address.
A, B, C,
D, E, F,
G, H, I,
J, K, L,
P, Q, R,
S, T, U,
V, W, X,
Date and time this article was prepared:12:53:42 PM, 2/14/2018.